With its leading, internationally recognized expertise and its modern and well equipped laboratories, St. Pölten UAS has intensified its research and development (R&D) activities over the past few years and will continue to promote its R&D strengths in future.
Research, development and innovation are closely related to education. Interdisciplinary teams monitor current developments and investigate the challenges they pose to our society and the economy. Applicationoriented projects are undertaken in collaboration with national and international partners, so participants are exposed to current information related to the subject.
Research is undertaken in the following institutes and centres of competence:
- Media Technology: the area of Media at the IC\M/T is composed of the research groups Video Production, Audio Design, Media Computing and Mobile and is performing research with a focus on Creative Content & Digital Heritage, Info- & Edutainment and Smart Tools & Digital Workflows
- Media Economy: media systems in flux, new types of organization and business models, effect and use of media
- IT Security: recognition of malware, network computing and privacy, IT resilience/continuity, biometrics, IT forensics, BYOD security, penetration testing, industrial security, steganography, chips/ hardware tokens
- Health: nutrition and exercise in the promotion of health, prevention, therapy, rehabilitation and quality assurance with particular focus on nutrition for senior citizens, counselling techniques, posture – exercise – locomotion, research on provision as well as on inter- and multidisciplinary topics
- Social Sciences: social diagnostic procedures, analysis of social space, client participation, diversity,
senior citizens and their dependents, general questions of inclusion, use of new media
- Simulation: rapid algorithms and complex models for simulation of the application of numerical procedures to, among others, sustainable development, materials research and sensor technology
- Railway Infrastructure and Transport: interdisciplinary consideration of the entire railway system with regard to the transportation of persons and of goods, construction technology, control and safety technology, energy provision, railway operation